Saturday, July 26, 2008

Okay, so I forgot!

Ever since I started this blog, my main intention was to keep up with it...okay, so now you know I have the best of good intentions. This blog is like a lot of other things in my life. I get a good start, but don't keep up. This is a bad habit I have been trying hard to break, but it isn't easy. Some areas I have gotten better at keeping up. For example, I realized we were wasting a lot of money on food and groceries simply because I did not make out a menu plan. But now, for the past year or so, I have sat down every Wednesday and made dinner menu plans for the next two weeks. It has saved a lot of money! Also, I have mastered my to-do lists. I make a daily to-do list the day before, and a weekly to-do list and I do the things on my list. If I don't get anything else done, I get the things on my list done! Other things I have a hard time with. For example, making my bed every day. Well, I have given up on this. What's the point? When I am getting out of bed, my DH is just getting home from work and getting into bed, which would leave me to be making the bed at 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Yeah, right when I try to get dinner done. This is going to have to be an area where I don't really lead by example. When Josiah gets older, and I tell him to make his bed every morning and he wonders why mommy doesn't make hers, it is going to have to be a "because I said so!" moment.

Well, enough of that. Let me catch you up a little on the Hodges household. Since I last wrote, not a lot has happened. A couple of weeks ago I did have to spend a couple of days in the hospital because of severe pain in my right/mid abdomen, side and back. It did not appear to be baby related and the pain has not reocurred since I was released. After I went for a follow up visit a couple of days later, we were THRILLED to find out that we are expecting a BABY GIRL!!! I was so happy I cried. Danny was dumbfounded and shocked. He wanted another little boy and I wanted a girl. We both mostly wanted a healthy young baby and boy or girl really didn't matter, but we are elated and talk about our little girl daily. I am not one for keeping secrets too much or anything, so I will tell you, we have definitely decided on what her first name should be. It will be Bethany. We are still struggling a little bit with the middle name, so we will keep that as a secret for now. So, really, this is all that is going on with us. Day in an day out is an adventure. I love the kids I babysit like they are my own, but I am glad to spend time with only Josiah and Danny at the end of the day.

I will try to do better at keeping up with this blog...I know! I'll add it to my to do list!!! :-)

2 comments:

Rebekah Sacran said...

Oh Congratulations! I hadn't heard that you were having a girl!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I am so excited this is a girl that I can't see straight. I would have said that about a boy too! I know you know what a joy little girls are, don't you?