Monday, February 9, 2009

Josiah Kenton Hodges 2/10/2009

Wow! I really can't think of a much different word right now. Is my little boy really going to be a two-year old tomorrow? This sweet little boy who we were told we would never be able to have? He is daily evidence in our lives that nothing is impossible with God! Josiah had a particularly hard day today and I really couldn't totally put my hands on why. We have company right now and are having a great time with them, but he really has fussed and cried most of the day. I think it is still his poor molars and Praise the Lord that the teething tablets seemed to help right away! As Josiah was told it was time to go nite-nite, another crying spell immediately came upon us. Bethany was screaming to be fed, our guests little ones wanted some reading to, but I took "little" Josiah, all 40+ pounds of him up in my lap and cuddled him in my arms and sang to him his favorite song: "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty...". When he was an infant and he was crying and crying into the wee hours of the night, I would belt out this song and he would instantly become silent and look into my face and just listen. Well, tonight was no different. He let me cuddle him and sing to him for a few minutes as I scratched and rubbed his back. As I was singing to him, I was remembering how the only times he would sit in my lap and let me cuddle him is when I was also singing to him. Maybe all he needed was a few minutes of completely undivided mommy time or just needed to be held, I don't know, but I loved it and cherish these moments when my little boy will let me hold him and sing to him. God knew that I needed my little boy and when I needed him and sent him to us almost 2 years ago. We pray daily that we may teach Josiah by example and train him to be a Godly young man. Sometimes the days are long, hard and trying, but the days of joy and fulfillment far outweight the trying days. Happy Birthday to my dear, sweet, gift from God. Mommy, Daddy and Bethany love you dearly!

2 comments:

Latane Barton said...

I add my happy birthday for Josiah. He's such a handsome little guy.

Rebekah Sacran said...

Happy Birthday, Little Guy!