Friday, June 5, 2009

How can she be 6 months old?

It seems like just yesterday I was whining about how miserable I was in the last stages of my pregnancy. I was miserable, but oh-so excited to meet my baby girl! Bethany has been a delightful baby since day one. Almost from the start, she has slept through the night and she loves the 3 hour routine...eat, stay awake for about an hour and a half, then sleep an hour an a half. This is how she works her days. She can sleep just about anywhere...I have a bed set up over in the corner and she sleeps there while her rowdy brother plays and stomps around, and she sleeps through the antics of the kids I babysit. She hates to go to sleep in your arms and will fight you for all it's worth, but she is so easy to go to sleep. Just give her a "buddy" [pacifier] and a blanket [she rubs her blanket on her face to help her go to sleep!] and she is out in seconds...literally! Bethany is so laid back and easy going. She loves to watch everything that is going on around her. She is so excited to have discovered her big brother. She loves watching Josiah do anything. Bethany hates it when he leaves the room, though. I tease and say that she has brother separation anxiety! One of the best parts of Bethany's day is laying down in Josiah's bed with him. She loves it! She kicks her feet, grabs for Josiah, coos and talks and has the best of times! Bethany does not roll over a lot, maybe only three or four times since birth, but she is already sitting up. She can sit up on her own for about 15 minutes before she shows significant signs of being tired of it! For about 2 months now, Bethany has been giving kisses. What, you don't believe it? I thought at first it was nothing, but I kid you not! If you get close enough, she will grab your face with both hands and plant a juicy one on your cheek, and she will do this over and over again as much as you will let her. It is the sweetest thing ever. Sometimes she takes you by surprise and literally lunges at your face to kiss on you. If I kiss on her cheeks, this always inevitably starts an all out kiss-fest!


I thank God every day for my children and I love them so very much! Happy 6 month birthday Bet-bet [as Josiah calls her!]!

2 comments:

Lepidoptera said...

Time flies, and she looks so big sitting up like that! I am glad that you are enjoying her and J. They are wonderful blessings and a heritage from the Lord. :-)

Rebekah Sacran said...

Happy six month birthday, Bethany!