Saturday, October 17, 2009

Heart full of Thanksgivings

I have been having so many moments of reflection today. I am so thankful for my children. I love them so much. I remember about 6 years ago my doctor told me I wouldn't be able to have children, and no I have two. I must admit when I saw this doctor coming into the restaurant that I was leaving this week, I enjoyed the fact that she just about had to pick her jaw up off of the floor when she saw me and my two precious children. I was overwhelmed with the love of God and wanted to say "Isn't God good?" but instead I got a little choked up and couldn't say anything at all. God is good. He is God.

This morning as I was waking up, Bethany was playing joyfully in her bed in the corner and I could hear Josiah starting to stir. I went and took a shower and then it began: "Mommy, blah, blah, blah." This is what I heard over and over again. Josiah has begun to add "mommy" or "daddy" at the end or beginning of anything and everything he has to say. I love to hear it ringing in my ears, but this morning as I was trying to get dressed and he wanted my undevoted attention, I thought to myself, "now I know what mom and dad always meant when they said they were going to change their name"! So, I called my mom and dad and left a message telling them it has finally and really hit me why they always said that!

Josiah and Bethany have begun to play together and they have been complete angels today. I guess they sense that mommy has a lot to get done before company arrives this afternoon and they are being so sweet. Josiah will go and get toys for Bethany to play with and he will tell her and show her how some toys work. All in all he tries to take care of her as well as he can. He is an awesome big brother!

Well, I do have company coming and I have a few more things I would like to get done, but I just wanted to pause and say how thankful I am for my blessings!

No comments: