Monday, March 22, 2010

The things you'll do...

It's 4:45am, and I am up again. This nagging cough has me awake again...I was determined the next time this happened I was going to try a new natural cough suppressant I had been given. It sounded awful, but I was willing...more than willing to try it! Here is what you will need:

1 small jar [I took a baby food jar]
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. ginger
2 Tbsp. Water
1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Honey

Put lid on and shake until well incorporated. Store any unused portion in the refrigerator.

I joke and say the reason this is so effective is that the cayenne pepper singes your throat so bad that you aren't able to cough any more. No, but really, try it the next time you really need some relief. It has given me some this morning. Along that same note, I decided to google natural cough suppressants and there is a wealth of information out there. Next time you are up at 4:45am, and desperate to quit coughing, do some research and get some relief!

2 comments:

Rebekah Sacran said...

It's not Thanksgiving anymore?

melliehodges said...

Todo, we're not in Kansas anymore, either...

It was way past time!