Saturday, March 20, 2010

Family Notebook

I have been busy. Busy and sick. This new start to spring is not what I care for in the least little bit! This has happened for two years in a row and I have a year to figure out why we all get sooo sick this time of year. I have been able to contemplate about a lot of things while spending a majority of this week at home with my family.

This is what I have been thinking about...Family Organization. It is something I think about all of the time, mostly because I am not able to acquire it for the most part, or haven't been able to yet. Over the years I have thought about a central location that we as a family can turn to for household needs, wants and information. So, after years of thinking about it, my thoughts have developed into a Family Notebook. Here is what is contained within:

"From the Kitchen"
  • Menu Plans
  • Grocery Lists
  • Coupons and Ads

"Around the House"

  • Daily To Do
  • Weekly To Do
  • Monthly To Do
  • Master Cleaning Lists

"Spiritual Growth"

  • Scripture Memorization
  • Scripture Reading
  • Prayer Journal
  • Hospitality and Giving

"Hobbies"

  • Arts and Crafts
  • Fun w/ the Kids
  • Ideas

"Addresses"

"Calendar"

"Danny"

So, my idea that has come to fruition at least shows that I "want" to be an organized person and family. I want my kids to have organized lives with some sort of structure and meaning and hopefuilly this will get us back on the track.

So, I would love to hear from others...how do you keep organization in your families? Please let me know so that I might be able to fill out the Ideas section of our family planner...It is lacking for the moment!

Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Rebekah Sacran said...

Chore lists. Love them. I have a notebook full of things. I keep them and love looking back on them from time to time.