Monday, February 22, 2010

What's up with us? Not much!

Just wanted to stop by for an update. I don't have a lot to say or anything, just wanted to say I am still here, just not into updating too often! My family is still trying to get things back to normal after the death of my father, but I have a feeling this whole next year, things are going to be in an upheaval. Please keep praying for us.

We don't have a lot going on, but we are looking forward to spring. I am looking forward to planting new things in our backyard garden. I am also looking forward to having an herb garden this year and have been reading up on the art of growing and drying herbs. I am really looking forward to this. Ya know what else I am looking forward to? Salsa! Yep, some good ol' salsa from the garden! I told my husband I want lots and lots and lots of cherry or grape tomatoes [because in my opinion, they make the best salsa!] from the garden. I am also looking forward to our elderly neighbors plums falling because every year he lets us have them all. Last year, I made TONS of baby food with it, this year, I am not sure. I will make something for the neighbor though! Also, we have two huge wild raspberry bushes in our backyard, and some over in the brush on the other side of the street that I love to pick as well. Oooh! I am getting excited about the spring and summer!

What about the spring and summer are you getting excited about? What kinds of things do you grow in your gardens? Let me know! Share your knowledge!

No comments: