Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Beyond Blessed

The Lord knows the desires of our hearts better than we know them ourselves. The Lord knows how badly I want to be able to stay at home with my son and raise him myself. I also want this so badly because it is the Lord's will. A lot of you know I run a "daycare" out of my home. I am not state certified, nor do I really want to be because of all of the rules and regulations, but if you need me, I am here and I am flexible. Two of the families that I keep for have mothers who are teachers, therefore, they will not need my services in the summer. I have been asking the Lord and praying about what I should do. Being pregnant and having difficulties with my last pregnancy, I didn't really think I should seek employment outside of our home, so I stepped out in faith. I put a summer time ad for daycare in my area on craigslist.com. I immediately got two hits in my area, and just today I got another two hits. The Lord is so good. The best part is that all of the families seem to be very flexible and understanding of our situation. I started watching one of these little ones today. The family lives two blocks down on the same street. This little girl is precious and is the same age as my Josiah - 15 months. I have my legal limit today which is 5 plus my own, so we have had our hands full! I have had fun though, and everyone works well together. Over the past few weeks, I have really learned that the five year old I keep is best when she works with me, not against me, so I have turned her into my little helper. She is GREAT as a helper and takes a burden off of me when it is lunch time. She tells me what everyone is doing as I sneak to the kitchen to fix lunch. She also helps me set the table with plates and drinks. This was a handful with 5 plates to fix today!!! Well, I just wanted to say I am beyond blessed and truly feeling the Lord and His grace and mercy today. Also, did I mention I have the best husband on earth? I just wanted to throw that in there. I love you, Danny!

No comments: