Thursday, May 22, 2008

First pre-natal visit

Today I had a sonogram and my first pre-natal visit for this second little one. I am so amazed at how people fail to see life growing within the womb when we have such technology that will allow us to hear a heart beat and see a heart beat 10 weeks after conception. Well, the heartbeat was great and I am measuring almost 10 weeks along, due date December 25th! What a gift! I had a lot of questions this visit that Dr Walsh was able to answer and made an important decision to go ahead with a repeat c-section because of my difficulties last pregnancy. I am happy with this decision and trust the Lord for all to go well. One thing that I am worried about is my blood pressure was elevated. I had difficulties with my blood pressure when I was carrying Josiah as well, although it did not start this early. I was very frustrated about it, so Danny and I went grocery shopping tonight and I loaded up on fresh fruits and vegetables. I told Danny we are on a five week mission to see how much weight he can lose in 5 weeks and to see hom much my blood pressure can go down in 5 weeks. I think he is motivated and I know I am! We bought strawberries, avacados, apples, bananas, kiwi, oranges, nectarines, peppers, cucumbers, onions, and we have a lot of other vegetables here at home. I am going to be fruit and veggie girl. I will report in five weeks if my blood pressure goes back down. In the meantime, you can pray for me that it will!

No comments: