Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fairest Lord Jesus


Fairest Lord Jesus, Ruler of all nature,
O Thou of God and man the Son,
Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor,
Thou, my soul’s glory, joy and crown.


Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands,
Robed in the blooming garb of spring;
Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer,
Who makes the woeful heart to sing.


Fair is the sunshine,Fairer still the moonlight,
And all the twinkling starry host;
Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer
Than all the angels heaven can boast.

This song has been on my mind for weeks as of late. I hear it two or three times a day as sung by the "veggietales" when I put Josiah down to nap or for the night. It is a beautiful song and makes me ponder our Lord and Saviour and His beautiful creation. Josiah and I were up early this morning and I decided to take him outside for a little walk. I was encouraged by the chirping of the birds and other early morning sounds to stay out much longer than we normally do. Josiah has this little toy lawnmower that we take outside with us and he walks with me up and down the sidewalk. He often stops to pick up twigs, rocks or to play with the water meter cover [one of his newest fascinations!]. While we were outside, every time we heard a bird chirp, Josiah would yell out, "Dog!", every time I was consistent in telling him, "No, Josiah, that is a bird." So, after our walk, we came back inside and Josiah went to the back door to look at our little dog, Ellie. While he was standing their, he usually starts calling her dog also, but this time I heard, "Bud!Bud!" followed by somewhat of a chirping sound. Sounded more like little mice, but I thought it was hilarious! Well, I enjoyed our morning and I look forward to more time outside when Daddy gets up. It's time to finish the flower beds in the front yard! I leave you with an outside picture of me and Josiah!

No comments: