Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mama said there'd be days like this...

Ever had one of those days? You know...you sit down the night before, plan your next day to a perfect "T" and have all this glorious stuff you are going to get done, then "BLAM!!!". It hits you...NOTHING is going to go the way you wanted it today. Cleaning, cooking, menu planning, straightening and organizing...nope, not here, not today. Instead, I dealt with a DS who pitched fit after fit after fit, threw toys when mommy told him no, screamed impatiently when food was not delivered in what he felt was a timely manner, and a tray of food on the dining room floor as a result of this incredible impatience. Well, DS is not the only one who lost his patience. Mommy lost her cool as well and was in a rage. Unfortunately, it has seemed to affect the whole rest of my day...isn't that terrible? So, we went and took naps...both of us. We neither one woke up in better moods, but Daddy was up and manned the ship this afternoon. Josiah still pitched fit after fit after fit. I am really at a loss to know how to handle Josiah's fits. We try the tried and true punishment, I have tried more attention, thinking maybe Josiah is acting out because mommy is always so busy, but I just don't know what else to do. Well, tomorrow is a new day, right? I am not making any plans for tomorrow except to spend a lot of time with my DS and see if I can get into his little heart and figure out what is going on. Maybe I need to spend extra time with the Lord tonight and check out mommy's heart and see if that is the answer to my little boy's acting out and temper. Please pray for my attitude!

3 comments:

Rebekah Sacran said...

I know these days all too well. YOu should go to my blog and read my post titled "I'm glad this day is over."

Anonymous said...

Girl, I read your post "I'm glad this day is over" and I was glad for you! You had one of the cruddiest of the cruddies! You also gave me some hope! Things have been much better since my last post, but I am waiting for the next dam to break! Will I get to see you at Susanna's wedding? Have I already asked you that? God Bless,
Mel

Christiana said...

Hey Melanie! I know these kinds of days well, also!

Your post reminded me of a quote from a book I'm reading, _The Discipline of Grace_, by Jerry Bridges. It meant a lot to me.

"Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the *reach* of God's grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the *need* of God's grace."

I am enjoying keeping up with you through the blog and facebook! :)

Love,
Christy