Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday

So, for the first time in forever, I laid out of church today because of this lingering respiratory infection. I enjoyed the time alone, but missed being in the house of the Lord. I listened to a couple of sermons on line and also to some hymns and this lifted my spirits. I was cooking at the same time, glad to have a Sunday dinner at home, for the first time in SOOO long since we have been having Sunday lunch at church every Sunday for the past few months. We had a nice lunch and a wonderful naptime. There is just something about my Sunday afternoon naps with the family. I just don't know why I enjoy them so much, but I do!

Josiah and I have had a fun time playing this afternoon/evening. He has been "reading" his books a lot and coming to show me what he has found, along with playing with his little kitchen set and riding his lion. We decided to go outside for a while. We went for a walk down to the end of our block and back. Josiah loves to show me what he finds along the way. He picks up leaves, rocks and sticks and wants me to tell him what they are. This is one of his favorite games. We got back to our yard and I decided it was time for some water fun. Josiah loves to play in the water and water the flowers. He is pretty good at watering the flowers if I do say so myself! He desperately does not like to get his hands dirty though. He insists his hands are yucky and wants me to clean them when they have dirt on them. I got eaten up while I was outside and usually the mosquitoes do not find me so tasty. I have soooo many bites tonight though!

This has been a good Lord's day for me, just a little bit down because I wanted to be in church and couldn't be. I know the Lord had other plans for me though and it was good to have some rest and time alone.

No comments: