Sunday, September 7, 2008

Home again, home again, hippity-hop!

When last I wrote, I was preparing for a monumental event and a little mini-vacation. A little at a time over the next few days, maybe I can share my time away with you. Let's start with going to the chapel...

Josiah and I rode with our cousin Hannah to Susanna Guess Taylor's wedding on August 23rd. We arrived a few days before the wedding and Josiah and I were able to participate in a few of the goings on of the preparations, then we promptly got out of the way! Josiah and I were able to attend the Bridal Luncheon for Susanna on Thursday afternoon after we arrived. Josiah was not meant to be a guest, but endured dramatically well for his mommy! He was the perfect little gentleman and I was happy to be able to stay for the whole luncheon. If he began to act out, I would have just left and not thought another thing about it, but he was great! All of the ladies there shared with Susanna something memorable about their wedding day and it was fun to sit back and listen to old and new stories and share with Susanna what married life was all about. After the luncheon that day, my sister in law, Wendy came and picked me up and we went shopping for the wedding. I didn't have a dress and I was upset that the only outfit that I had to wear was mostly black in color...it is hard to find plus-size maternity clothes...let me tell you! Well, I did find a dress, not too happy that it too was mostly black, but decided it would do and I would be happy with it. I was happy to know that a lot of the women at the wedding were in black and I did not feel so weird! You always think of black at weddings being a big faux paus [sp?] and I guess it has taken a turn and now is incredibly stylish and classy! Well, the wedding itself was beautiful. It was short, sweet and to the point. They had a very sweet kiss after being presented as husband and wife and Susanna was simply radiant! I was not able to get as many pictures as I wanted, but the few I did get showed their entire happiness that I am sure will only grow better with time! This wedding was on the 39th anniversary of Susanna's parents, Zack and Judy Guess and Aunt Judy was gorgeous! She had a very lovely sleeveless dress on and her hair was beautiful and she was almost as radiant as the bride! Wendy and I stayed at the wedding for a little bit of the reception but had to leave soon after because Wendy's dear husband, my brother Andrew, was keeping Josiah and their daughter Bailey at home for us so we could enjoy the wedding. It was a lot of fun without Josiah, but I would have still gone with him or not! If you are a facebook member, there are tons of wedding pictures out there for you to see, so go check them out! You will be glad you did! I will write more about our trip a little bit later!

No comments: