Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just a quickie...

While my DS sits and eats his dinner and watches VeggieTales, "Rack, Shack and Benny" for the millionth time, I thought I might have a few moments to write about a funny...

Yesterday was the annual Vass Family Reunion [on my husband's side of the family] so Josiah and I loaded up and made the 1 1/2 hr drive to Hillsville to be with everyone. I made a quick stop at CVS Pharmacy before meeting up with Aunt Amber so we could caravan together. I pulled up at the drive thru window and a voice came over the speaker, "Are you here for a pick-up or drop off?". Before I could say that I was picking up, my little munchkin in the backseat yells out: "Need to eat, pease!". I cracked up and so did the associate. I told her I was there for pick up while Josiah kept yelling "pease!" in the backseat. It is pretty funny because we haven't been drive-thru junkies for a long time, but Danny does go to get drinks from drive-thrus pretty often and I guess Josiah put two and two together. That was my delight for the day.

Another delight of the day was that Josiah was one of the show stealers at the family reunion. Cousin Bambi fed him...lots... so she was his best friend for the rest of the day, plus everyone else thought about how cute he was as he begged food off of nearly EVERYONE! Yeah, real cute...that's one of those habits I have been trying to break to no avail. Just because ANYONE has food, Josiah feels a certain entitlement to it. Well, overloading once a year won't hurt him too much...I don't guess.

1 comment:

Rebekah Sacran said...

We had that problem with Claire for a long time. She has finally slacked off a little bit.