Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mixtures of Joy and Sorrow

Yesterday I learned of the death of a dear sister in Christ, Rhonda Jones. I am extremely saddened by the loss of this family. She was such a loving wife, mother and sister at Grace Chapel PBC. As long as I have known Sister Rhonda, she has always been serving others and putting others first. I remember a few years ago when we heard she was seriously ill with a condition that could kill her, all across the country brothers and sisters in Christ, family and friends poured out prayers on her behalf and on the behalf of her family. Whenever someone passes away, I can't help but rejoice thinking about them in the presence of their Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. I think of the song "I Can Only Imagine" which is a popular Christian song and has been for a few years. It really makes me long to be with Jesus. Oh, Sister Rhonda, no longer do you imagine, you are living with your Saviour! Prayers and hugs to her family and loved ones!

No comments: