Thursday, March 5, 2009

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

No, seriously, I can't hear you! I was so sick last week with my kids being sick and Bethany being in the hospital, it just wasn't Momma's turn to be checked out by the DR. I realized my turn had come when my hearing had just about gone. I can't hear out of my right ear, and the left ear has an echo that is so annoying! That good old sinus infection I had developed into my ears. Nice, huh? My DR fussed and fussed at me for not coming in sooner, and I finally told him, the kids come first! I have always taken my hearing for granted, I realize. It is so frustrating not to be able to hear everything I once heard. On the other hand, I realize also that it is nice not to hear the intense fussing that goes on around here. I can't tell you how many times I have looked at Josiah fussing and whining and have been oh so happy to tell him: "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!". This just about makes him stop immediately because what purpose is there in fussing and whining if you can't annoy someone with it? Anyway, this is what's happening at the Hodges'. We are slowly but surely getting a little better all of the time!

1 comment:

Rebekah Sacran said...

I would say "I hope your ears get better soon" but you might not want that! :)