Friday, March 16, 2012

It's a hit!

As I stated, I use pinterest for a lot of ideas and I saw these chicken and spinach flautas/taquitos and it looked so good. Of course, I didn't follow the instructions to a "T", but then again, I usually never do. Here are the changes I made:

I took the chicken thighs and I cooked them in the crockpot on high for a couple of hours, then shredded the chicken. I did not cook them in beer and water [never had beer, can't imagine this tasting good...].

Instead of the baby spinach, I used one package of frozen creamed spinach. I mixed it in with the shredded chicken.

Then I added:
garlic
chopped onion
garlic powder
onion powder
salt
pepper
paprika
cumin
crumbled queso cheese

I mixed these altogether and used whole wheat flour tortillas and cooked for about 12 minutes on 450 degrees. I put olive oil on both sides of the taquitos and they came out extra crisp and just wonderful.

My DH kept saying that this was a hit, you'll have to make it again, but a lot more of it, and you ought to take it to church. I think he likied it! I will be making this again and thankful to pinterest for the idea!

No comments: