Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring has sprung!

I put on shorts for the first time today and headed out into the glorious sunshine and springtime weather. This time of year makes me want to do all sorts of things. I want to spring clean, organize, sew, prep the garden, go for walks, and sit on the front porch watching the kids enjoy themselves, just to name a few. Right now, I have two sewing projects on my plate for others, then I plan to make both of Josiah and Bethany's shorts and Bethany's dresses for this next season. I am not happy with the little girls shorts that are out on the market today. They are either too short or too low cut and that is not what I want for my daughter. Also, Josiah is in a big growing season, so it will be easier for me to make his shorts for this spring/summer/fall rather than investing money in them. Then, I desperately need to clean out cabinets, drawers and closets around the house. I think I will start with the kitchen next. My desire is to get rid of anything we don't use or haven't used in a very long time. Time to purge! Then, onto the garden! I have big plans for the front yard. I would like to do a lot of flower planting around our birdbath in the front yard, put up some trellis' [sp?] for my beautiful roses. We also plan to put rocks or mulch - can't decide which yet - down around the flower beds. Then, Danny and I have always wanted to grow all of our own herbs...as Danny says, on an industrial scale...I really want some oregano, basil, lavendar, rosemary, and thyme to start with, maybe a few others. It's also time to start exploring our greenways and parks here in Roanoke. We have so many! This was something we started doing last year with the kids almost every day. Josiah has created his own names for the parks we go to and sometimes we don't know which parks he is talking about because he doesn't call them by their proper names. Amongst his favorites are "the creek park", "the park where the man built the bridge", "the line park", "tarpley's", and "tennis park". He is so cute, and loves our exploring as much as we do. Happy Spring everyone!

No comments: