Saturday, October 25, 2008

I love my crockpots!

Okay, so at the moment I am feeling another burst of glorious energy, but I sense it leaving me soon, so I am trying to get as much done as I can today. I already have Sunday's church lunch in the crockpot and tonights dinner in the crockpot and am busy cleaning and reorganizing the kitchen. What's in my crockpots? I am glad you asked!

Stew Meat w/ Rice [so super easy, and a big hit!]

1 pack of stew meat
1 can of cream of mushroom soup [I like mine w/ garlic]
1 can of french onion soup

Cook on low for 7-8 hours or cook on high for 4-5 hours until meat is cooked through.

You can serve this over rice, white or brown, egg noodles, or cous-cous! Delicious!
AND
Teriyaki Sirloin Strips w/ onions and peppers [this one is for my husband, not particularly a favorite of mine!]
4 Beef Sirloin steaks, cut into julienne strips
1 large onion, cut into julienne strips
1 large red or green pepper, cut into julienne strips
1/2 to 1 cup of honey teriyaki sauce [we like Ken's]
Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
We serve this many different ways...either over cous-cous, rice, or in tortillas. Mmmm!

2 comments:

Christiana said...

We love that first recipe, too! I really want to try the teriyaki one...I think my husband will love it! :)

Lepidoptera said...

I can vouch for the stew meat w/rice since I got to taste it. It was very good. I'm glad that you posted the recipe. I'll have to right it down and add it to our menu.