Thursday, October 2, 2008

While I'm thinking about it...

My dear mother in law is notorious for telling you stuff "while she is thinking about it", so in her honor, while I have cookies in the oven, I will share some info "while I am thinking about it"!

So, most of you know we are due to have a baby in December. The official due date is 12/25, but I will have to have a c-section because of some medical problems, so if the baby is healthy and all looks well, the birth of our daughter will be around 37 wks in early December. We have pretty much decided on a name early on...at least the first name was cemented in stone, but we hemmed and hawed about the middle name and then decided about a month or two ago. I just realized we must not have told everyone the name because I think I have told everyone, then someone else pops up and asks what her name will be. We are not a couple who cares about keeping it secret until the baby is born, so we are proud to announce that we will name our baby girl Bethany Arlene. Bethany is a name that I have long loved and wanted since being married and thinking of children. Arlene is a family name that originated with my Great-grandmother Voisie Arlene Davis. I have a few, but great, memories of my great-grandma and I thought about the family legacy presented. Not only is Mamaw Davis' middle name Arlene, so is my mother's and mine. I thought my grandmother's middle name was Arlene as well, but I have since found out her's is Ann, not Arlene. So there you have it! We can't wait to welcome our daughter Bethany into the world!

1 comment:

Rebekah Sacran said...

Beautiful, beautiful name!!