Friday, October 17, 2008

Regarding that Last Blog Entry

I went back and read my last entry and laughed! It seems as though I was nesting even in my mind! I would love to know how other mother's out there learned to control this nesting syndrome. I am at a point where I really need to slow down on a daily basis, but my mind and body races to the point where I get frantic over things left to be done. Please pray for me to calm down and enjoy the last little bit of time I have with just me and my little boy. I know when this little girl comes along, it will be a different world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Control?? Haha -- that's a good one! :-)

What you can try is one or both of these: 1) write down things you need to do, and list them in order of importance, then do them in that order (unless some of them are so short that they can be done when you have an odd 5 minutes free); 2) schedule some time to rest and relax, and just *force yourself* to sit down and rest (a strait-jacket will come in handy here). ;-)

Above all, realize that it's okay if everything doesn't get just perfect before the baby is born. It's more important that you take care of yourself and her than it is that you take care of fixing up her bedroom just right.

Now, a nesting story -- I babysat for a woman who was pregnant with her third, and about 4 weeks before he was born, she had a tremendous "nesting instinct." She was supposed to be writing a book, but just didn't have the energy and desire to do that -- instead, she organized her husband's sock drawer (paired all socks, and put white socks in one spot, black socks in another, and other socks in a third), and assembled a metal shelving unit and organized her pantry.

Kathy

P.s. -- you're just supposed to laugh at this story, not get ideas!! :-)