Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dr. Herbert Whitley

For some reason, when Bethany was referred to pediatric cardiologist, Herbert Whitley, I thought his name sounded good for a fictional character in a little kids book. Well, Dr. Whitley was a very kind doctor and was good to my baby girl this morning. Apparently I met Dr. Whitley in the hospital when he checked Bethany out originally...I did??? He remembered me, but alas, I did not remember him. He said I was pretty drugged up...how embarrassing!

Well, the good news is that the three holes found in Bethany's heart after she was born have closed! Praise the Lord! The doctor said that everything looked great and sounded great and that we have no more need of him. The bad news is that Bethany was so upset at having to be undressed in front of him, she screamed all of the way out to the car, and it was sooo cold here this morning that her little tear drops froze on her cheek! I kid you not! I wish I had my camera! Poor little darling! Well, we got home got her hooked up to the thing she wanted most...food, and she calmed right down and smiled a bunch at me later. I do not think she will hold it against me in the long run!

1 comment:

Christiana said...

Glad to hear your good news! I can't believe her tear froze on her cheek...poor baby!