Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My DH Rocks!!!

Sunday afternoon/evening was rough. Josiah totally ransacked the living room and dining room while Bethany wanted to nurse all evening [a growth spurt, I guess!]. By the time bedtime was near, I didn't even make Josiah clean up his toys for the evening like we habitually do, I just told him to go upstairs, it was time for bed. Well, I didn't get around the picking up the toys either, or clearing the dinner table, or doing the dishes. Do you ever just have one of those days? Well, I left it all and told myself I would clean it up in the morning. Well, the morning sun arose and I came downstairs and saw the kitchen, dining room and living room had been cleaned and straightened up. I later told my husband thank you for cleaning up and told him I was sorry for us just leaving it that way. He said that he came home and all he wanted to do was sit on the computer for a couple of hours and then come to bed. He then said that he thought about how I must feel at the end of the day and how I still do things around the house even when I didn't want to, and the thought inspired him to take a few minutes and straighten up for me. It made a major difference in my day! My DH totally rocks!!! [BTW, he does this kind of stuff for me all of the time...I think he really loves me!]

3 comments:

Christiana said...

What a sweet husband!! :)

Rebekah Sacran said...

Wow! Go Danny!

Lepidoptera said...

Yes, absolutely have those kind of days when for one reason or another thing did not get cleaned up the way they usually do. Life does go on - although I like to wake up to things put in their place too.

He must love you, and what a great example of Christlike love.