Saturday, January 10, 2009

Out and About...almost by myself

Wednesday night my DH was off of work. I told him the next day I was going to go off by myself for a little while and just get away. He was very cooperative and encouraging. So, Thursday, I go off, almost by myself, gotta take DD because she is attached at the...well, you know...and I was almost bored out of my mind! I didn't have a wired, almost two year old, yelling, screaming or running around like a chicken with his head cut off, and I didn't have my DH with me, so I was totally out of my element! So, where did I go? I went to the children's consignment store and bought a couple of needed items for boths of the kids wardrobe's, then went next door to Michael's just to look around for a few things, then to Walmart. How lame is all of that? Well, I think it is pretty lame if I do say so myself. You would think that I could come up with some more interesting things to do on one of my first trips out by myself since my DD was born. Well, my whole point of telling you all of this is to tell you how off kilter I really was this day. Boy, was I in another planet or what??? I have a good example for you...

After leaving Michael's, the wind was blowing so hard and it had become VERY cold. I rushed out to the wagon, got the baby in the car, broke down the stroller, lifted it into the back of the wagon and went and jumped in the car. I leaned over, put my keys in the ignition...might as well warm the car up, right? So, I get the heat going and I was flipping the radio stations back and forth trying to see if there was something good on. I pulled down my mirror a couple of times to check my make up and hair. I think to myself, "Good grief! What is taking my DH so long!" I sit there for a few more minutes, and wonder again..."Where is he?" About that time, I realize my stupidity...and I then got out of the passenger side of the car, got back into the driver's seat and went on my way! Boy, did I feel like a dork! Well, this just goes to show you how little I leave the house by myself! Maybe it's because I really need the supervision...

3 comments:

Kathy said...

This had me laughing out loud! Oh, that was funny.

But don't feel too bad -- I read this one story one time, in which a new mom did go out totally solo, and when she got back to the car and got the groceries in, she spied the baby's empty car seat, and rushed back into the store screaming that she'd lost her baby. A couple of seconds later, she realized that her baby was with her mother-in-law, and she left the store very red, and very glad there was nobody she knew there. :-)

Christiana said...

That's hilarious! :)

Rebekah Sacran said...

I searched for hours on the Pickles website to find you this comic strip they had about the lady getting into the car at the grocery store and going on and on about how long it was taking her husband to come on so they could go home, etc.. and then it switched to the man sitting on the couch at home. I never did find it but it totally applies to this post. So funny!!!