Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What's cooking at the Hodges???

Wednesday nights we generally get together with the folks from church and go to the nursing home to sing to some elderly members, but it was so cold tonight, and Josiah was running a fever, so we decided to stay home. I was in the pantry and saw a box of Oat Bran muffins and was overcome with the urge to cook a bunch of stuff tonight. Danny and I have been cooking up a storm. Danny has done most of the extra hardwork as I have had to stop and feed the baby, but we made 4 different egg casseroles. I made two little ones for Josiah that have ham and cheese in them. Mine has cheese and ground turkey meat. Danny made his probably the best out of all of ours! To his, we added peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon and cheese. I wish I liked all of this stuff, because his looked great! We also made a bunch of whole wheat pancakes [4" around is 1 pt per pancake!]. I also cooked a crockpot of black beans yesterday, a crockpot of pinto beans today, and Danny cooked up some ground meat to go into spaghetti sauce. The only thing we didn't end up cooking was the oat bran muffins...my inspiration!

No comments: