Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weigh-In Tuesday, Week 4

YAY! Down 1 more pound. Slowly but surely, this tortoise will win the race! The only problem is, I did not reach all of my goals that I set for last week. So, here they are again:


  • Track the foods I eat and their points value
  • Find the time and place to work in some more exercise [any advice here would be great!]
  • Simply eat better

Okay, so I might have reached one goal. I did simply eat better. I made a conscious effort to go for wiser food choices even when unwise choices were right in front of me. I will not even go into the Chik-fil-A icecream saga, but will only say, pray for me that I might be able to resist temptation in this area. Icecream isn't even one of my favorite foods, plus it is freezing outside, so who would want icecream in this weather?!? So these goals will be added to my goals for this week which are:

  • Be a better encouragement to my DH, by example and with my words
  • Don't eat out again until next Tuesday night

More next week, and thanks for your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can share with you some of the things that help me:

1. Water. You are supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces per day.

2. Drink milk!! It really does a body good. Skim milk is best. If you don't already drink skim, just give yourself a week and you'll get used to it. Whenever I'm feeling snacky, I'll drink a glass of milk. Also, I keep mints around the house. I'm a total nightowl, and sometimes when I'm up at night I'll crave a snack. Popping a mint (I like orange life savers, the soft ones) alleviates the need to eat. Another great snack buster is raw baby carrots. Something about the crunch takes the edge off.

3. I had a really hard time losing the weight after I had Chase. I remember that even if I was watching tv, I would do leg lifts, sit-ups, something!! It made a difference.

4. Eat dinner at least 3-4 hours before going to bed.