Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

So, I really did nothing exciting to bring in the New Year last night. We went to a funeral home to be with friends who were mourning the death of their mother, we almost creamed a couple of deer, Danny headed off to work at 11:30 and I was feeding Bethany as the clock struck midnight. I did spend a lot of time yesterday contemplating 2008, it's ups and downs, and what I would like to be different in 2009. I came up with a lot of things...I will spare you and only share a few of my "resolutions".

  • Be diligent in my Bible reading
  • Memorize the book of James
  • Open my home to others more
  • Lose weight [there's good news here...Danny and I joined Weight Watchers again this past Tuesday night! I have lost 70 lbs with Weight Watchers before and I am ready to do it again!!!]
  • Be more active
  • Follow my weekly menu plan [I am a real good planner, but I never seem to follow through!]
  • Have nightly devotions as a family
  • Eat out WAY less than last year
  • Dinner at home with the family
  • Get down in the floor and play with Josiah a lot more often
  • Go to more church meetings/singings/gatherings

Okay, so these are just a few things and maybe as the year goes on I will elaborate more, but for now, these are priority issues for me and my family. So, how did you spend your New Year and did you make any resolutions you want to share???

May the Lord graciously see you through this year as He has for 2008!

1 comment:

Lepidoptera said...

We spent our New Year's in the Smokies hiking near Elkmont. This part of the park was new to us, and we were surprised to see several old cabins that are not in use along the Little River trail. It also brought back good memories of our honeymoon which was in a cabin in Townsend beside the Little River.