Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January 6, 2008

Tuesdays are WW [Weight Watchers] meeting days. We packed ourselves up with our two kiddos and booked it on up to the meeting site and sat wondered how going anywhere with our kids will ever seem normal again. There we were, Josiah was spitting up [yes, he is almost two and still does that!!!] and in my haste to make it somewhere on time, I forgot the baby wipes, so Danny took Josiah, ran next door, bought some wipes and came back. Josiah is learning more and more to be more vocal at the most inappropriate times, so we spent a lot of our time telling him he needed to use his inside voice and whisper...didn't work, though! Sigh! Well, the good news is, even though we couldn't hear most of what was going on during the meeting, at least I can report that we BOTH lost some weight! YAY!!! I won't report Danny's figures because I haven't checked with him yet, but as for me, I am below a certain number that I am really excited about, and I lost 2.6 lbs this past week. I think that is a good start back, if I do say so myself!

So, enough about that...I have been lacking energy as far as normal cleaning/straightening up around the house goes, so when I get in this kind of rut, what do I do? I go to the bookstore and read organizing books. Boy are they motivating! Have you ever tried it? So, I did that tonight and came home with all sorts of ideas, got out my family notebook when I got home and made plans and came up with a game plan to try from now on as far as keeping my house in order. I am excited to say I will start tomorrow and try to make my new plans a habit. If you have been having trouble with things around the house, try researching organization and cleaning tips and motivate yourself!

I must get an early start in the morning so ta-ta for now!

1 comment:

Lepidoptera said...

Our boy is in a very talkative and often loud stage of life right now too. At least he knows to be quiet when we are in church.

Your WW report does sound like a good start. Keep up the good work!

On occasion I have been known to thumb through organizing books at a bookstore, but I must confess that is not my favorite section. Keeping a perfectly organized house is not my top priority, and it shows. I like it organized and relaxed, but not too organized.